Sometimes daily life reminds me why I do what I do and I am blessed that in the work my husband and I have created, our lives are constantly being reflected back in to our product.
Since studying Ayurveda at the Chopra Center in Carlsbad, CA over 5 years ago, I learned to harmonize both my daily life and yearly cycle with the rhythm of nature. This means then, too, that our product has a seasonal rhythm as well. AND since transitioning from California's (all season) to Colorado, we are experiencing the wonderful changes and shifts our planet makes through the months. Currently we are bundling up for cold COLD mornings and enjoying sun warmed afternoons witht all sorts of "school" viruses to prevent in our household!
Today's inspiration is my oldest child nursing his body back to healthy levels after a stomach flu - hydrating with hot Puri Tea chock full of ginger, lemon, turmeric, and fennel to stimulate healthy digestion, and our Blue Moon Red Cabbage Juice for healthy blood and gastric healing...
What are some of the benefits of Red Cabbage Juiced? Check this out:
- Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable, it has anti-cancer properties.
- Purple cabbage is a blood builder (Everything red, purple or blue builds the blood)
- Cabbage, regardless of color, is excellent for the skin.
- Cabbage is rich in minerals, such as calcium and potassium, choline, iodine, phosphorous, sodium and sulfur. The sulfur in cabbage helps destroy ferments in the blood.
- Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamins A, B and C.
- Cabbage is an alkalizing food. It helps regulate the pH in our system. Yay!
- Raw cabbage and raw cabbage juice both relieve and heal any kind of gastrointestinal ulcer. According to research conducted at Stanford University, fresh cabbage juice was shown to both restore the gastrointestinal tract and heal ulcers in only seven days!
- Cabbage aids in digestion and elimination Cabbage can dramatically lower bad cholesterol and helps lower blood pressure.
- Agricultural scientists found 36 anthocyanins in red cabbage, which may help improve brain function, promote heart health, and provide cancer protection.
I always think of the various blends I create with a "healing" sense of mind. My combinations of fruits, vegetables, and herbs aim to address a healthy body system with a focus on eliminating toxins and supporting a strong digestive system and adding high doses of natures vitamins for immunity! To me, I do believe "food is medicine" and "foods" that can hydrate at the same time is like BONUS points1
I love what I create, and I love seeing the effects it has on people...especially my own family :-)